Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Busted Expensive Fashion - A New Feature

So I love going on Fashion Sugar, especially for their Love it or Hate it section. I love it because I love to mine their fashion pics that I almost ALWAYS hate.

I don't understand why they make it a love it or hate it section - everyone with eyes, and a sense of the beautiful should hate these busted pieces of fashion. They're generally overpriced and ridiculous, and don't give me that beauty is in the eye of the beholder on these gems - you know that have no alibi because they are U-G-L-Y. Let's take a look at BEF (Busted Expensive Fashion) example Numero Uno (thank you Bloomberg for the Spanish lession):



David Lerner Half Ripped Leggings ($99)

Yes, y'all, you read it correctly. NINETY NINE Luft balloons for leggings that are already ripped for you. I have to laugh at who ever is wearing these leggings in the first place. Most people don't have any business wearing leggings anyway...Are you in Flashdance? Are you plieing during your business meetings? Will you be working the pole and getting paid at your favorite sports bar? Then you may not have the eye of the tiger nor do you love Rock N Roll as much as Joan Jett, so leave this piece of the 80s alone.

Next up - Will you take a look at this hot shitty mess?


Rojas Mini Shorts ($63)
I used to tell my bosses, "help me help you", so I ask my reading public of three, Help Me to understand how these shorts Help You in any way on earth. Those shorts looks like Huggies PullUps. They are busted plaid, and they are $63 for only one pull up. Maybe if they were able to last a week without being changed as an adult Pull Up, that would be great for camping, but for fashion?

Maybe I'm just being too harsh...you'll let me know, right?

Well, this begins the new Busted Expensive Fashion Feature. Tell me what you think.

2 comments:

  1. IN THIS ECONOMY... No, but seriously. I can think of a million ways to spend $99 and none of them include ripped leggings or adult pull-ups. Reusable diapers look cuter than those things. - Shephathiah

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, you are not being harsh. I like this new feature :)

    ReplyDelete